Registration for the 2019 – 2020 Hong Kong Women’s Ice Hockey League (HKWIHL) is now open!
HKWIHL will begin its 7th hockey season soon (August 2019 – April 2020). The league’s goal is not only setting the ground work for consistent player development but also projecting the image of “empowerment to women” in the competition. In addition to games, there will be monthly team practices which are structured and executed by coaches specific to each team. HKWIHL aims at being a training ground and part of a feeder system for the Hong Kong Women’s National Team which is now eligible for IIHF World Championship Competition. The League is held at Mega Ice, Kowloon Bay from August to April. It is hosted by Hong Kong Ice Hockey Association (HKIHA), with Women’s Ice Hockey Organization (WIHO) and Hong Kong Amateur Hockey Club (HKAHC)as the co-organizers. ALL female players in Hong Kong are welcome to register to play! As HKWIHL is hosted by HKIHA, players in Hong Kong wishing to join Hong Kong Women’s National Team must participate in the HKWIHL.
About ‘HKWIHL’ League Format
- Playing Dates: Practice on Tuesday nights and Games on Friday nights
- 4 teams in total with minimum of 60 players and 4 goalies
- Full 60-minutes games (played under IIHF rules and guidelines)
- 12 games plus Championship game
- 2 Exhibition Games for selected players
- Try out, Pre-Season and Regular season team practices (10 sessions in total)
Early Bird FRI, 19 JUL 2019
Normal THUR, 15 AUG 2019
Be an early bird and sign up now. 2019-2020 HONG KONG WOMEN’S ICE HOCKEY LEAGUE