HKIHA Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct contains the terms and conditions that all members / parents of members of Hong Kong Ice Hockey Association (“HKIHA”) agree to adhere to.
- Support and promote fair play by encouraging your child to play by the rules and to abide to the Code of Conduct.
- Always respect players, coaches and officials. Children learn best by example. Demonstrate good sportsmanship and your child will follow suit.
- Emphasize that the team’s success comes first, and that individual achievement is secondary to the collective success of the team.
- Learn the rules and nuances of the game and competition in order to gain a better understanding of the sport which will allow you to appreciate the decisions made by officials and coaches on and off the ice.
- Do not publicly question or confront coaches about concerns regarding your child, any player and/or team management. If you feel that you have a pressing matter that must be dealt with, ask the coach privately at an appropriate time.
- Allow coaches to coach your child and other players during games and practices. Do not coach or yell instructions to your child from the sideline during games and practices. Instructional input during games should only come from the coaches (trainers and team doctors do not fall under the category of “coaches”).
- Do not engage in any behaviour that inhibits or interferes with a competition, or with any player or team’s preparation for a match.
- Do not yell or physically abuse your child or any players after a game or practice.
- Refrain from making any comments pertaining to your child / players / activities of the HKIHA that are disrespectful or abusive whether it be in person or online (i.e. online means Facebook, Twitter and other social media websites, chat rooms, message boards).
- Any verbal abuse / rudeness / harassment / intimidation / psychological stress / offensive comment is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by the HKIHA and may result in disciplinary action.
Players should always work their hardest to develop as an individual, as a person, and as a teammate. The players you practice with and play against will also be your teammates for the National Team. Push each other in a competitive and positive manner.
In exchange for the opportunity to play for HKIHA, the player must abide by the following:-
- Arrive to practice / games on time. Punctuality is important. Player’s must understand that his/her time is not more valuable than that of their teammates. Being late may result in being unable to join the practice / game that is in session.
- Check your bag before coming to the rink. If you do not have the proper equipment (including socks and jerseys), you may not be allowed to join practice / game.
- Understand the necessity of discipline, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Your teammates’ wellbeing is just as important as your own. Disrespecting your teammates is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Demonstrate leadership by supporting your teammates. Player to player criticism is often not constructive.
- Come to every practice, game and scrimmage prepared to play hard and do your best.
- Come to every practice, game and scrimmage ready to learn more about hockey and how to play the game.
- Do not contest or argue decisions made by coaches and officials.
- Do not touch the puck after the whistle, no matter in a game or practice.
- If you receive a penalty, skate directly to the penalty box and do not throw your equipment in the penalty box.
- Fighting will not be tolerated.
- Respect your opponents, other players, coaches, officials, your parents, and your helpers at all times.
- No verbal bullying.
- Conduct yourself in a befitting manner at all times during all HKIHA events.
Failure of a parent/player to comply with the Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action including but not limited to being asked to leave any practice, game or event and/or suspension or expulsion from activities/event sanctioned/hosted by HKIHA. The severity of the disciplinary action will be decided by Board of Directors of HKIHA, and may include the suspension of specific or all privileges held by members of the HKIHA. This includes the opportunity to participate in present or future activities or events hosted or conducted by the HKIHA.
No refunds will be issued for players who are suspended or expelled due to violation of the Code of Conduct.
I have read and understand the contents set out above. In the case of a Player, my parent/guardian has explained the contents of this document to me and I understand the contents hereof. By signing this document, I agree to support and to promote the Code of Conduct established by Hong Kong Ice Hockey Association. I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and understand that failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to being asked to leave any practice, game or event and/or suspension of specific or all privileges and/or suspension or expulsion from activities/event sanctioned/hosted by Hong Kong Ice Hockey Association.