(APPLICATION CLOSED)We are pleased to announce that our new program – 2023 Summer Women Development League (SWDL).
The league will commence in June.
It aims at letting the female Players to develop their hockey skills through the games in mixed-gender.
Date : Jun 1st – Aug 24th, 2023 (Every Thursday except July 27)
Total : 12 Games
Sex : Male / Female
Game Day & Time: Thursday 20:30 – 22:00
Venue : Mega Ice
Age Eligibility :
Female Players aged 12 or above (born in 2011 or before).
Youth male players are welcome to register. (Actual quota is subject to the remaining spots of the number of female registration)
Pre-requisite: All Athletes must be a Registered Player of HKIHA, please register if you are not our registered Player. The registration form can be found our website at
Requirement: Holder of HKSAR Passport & have league experience
Number of Teams : 4
Expected Quota : 52 (Min. at 12 players plus 1 goalie per team)
Game Format :
- Two period x 20 Minutes (Running Time Game)
- Last 2 minutes will be stop-time if the Goal differential is 2 goals or less.
- 2-mins of Warm-up before start of game
- Intermission: 30 seconds
- No overtime in Round Robin
League Format :
- 10 Games in Round Robin, 1 Semi-Final & 1 Final Game
- Playoff Format: Semi-Finals (Knockout) & Championship Game
- 2 Point System in Round Robin: 2 Points for the Winning Team, 1 point for teams in tie, 0 point for Losing Team
- Playoff Seeding: Based on Most Points, Most Win, Least Goal Against
- All Game Officials used in HKIHA Leagues will be Hong Kong Ice Hockey Association (HKIHA) Registered Officials
- Game Rules would be in accordance with IIHF Rule Book.
IMPORTANT NOTE: HKIHA reserves the final say to all Team Rosters.
League Fee : $3,800 for Player
$2,000 for Goalie
The summer league allows partial attendance. But unfortunately, no discount is offered for these cases.
No pro rata for the entry fee no matter if you are out of town during the summer.
There is no try-out for this league.
If the pool of applicants exceeds the quota, the selection committee will take the following criterion into considerations.
1) Performance of the previous season
2) Good Player Standing in HKIHA (no outstanding payment in HKIHA, no history of late payment, withdrawal from the league / program or violations of code of conduct.)
3) Player’s Position
4) Receipt of League Fee before deadline
Payment: Please send a cheque to “HongKong Ice Hockey Association Limited” by post to our Branch Office on or before the deadline of registration. Please note that the cheque must be
delivered to HKIHA branch office by noon, May 22, 2023.
ATTN: 2023 SWDL (please write down your name at the back of the cheque).
If the cheque is unpresentable, HKIHA will charge $500 for each bounced cheque.
The address is Workshop B, G/F, High Win Factory Building, 47 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong.
Please note that all League Fee are non-refundable & failure to make the payment before the deadline (May 22, 2023) may affect your selection to this league.
Deadline of Registration: May 22, 2023 noon.
Contact details of Organizer : HongKong Ice Hockey Association Limited
電話Tel： 852 – 2310 1050
傳真Fax：852 – 2806 8727